Monday, October 26, 2009

Guinness - also known as "Dot"


It is with great sadness that I announce that Guinness, beloved sweet girl of Paul and Lynne passed away yesterday. She was 8 years old. Guinness was from my "G" litter and she was the tiniest little thing when she was born, weighing only 220 g. She struggled to nurse, so I fed her with an eyedropper. This gave her enough strength and she was then able to latch on to a nipple on her own. Despite her rough beginning she went on to grow into a strapping big girl and is one of Treeline Bernese foundation mommies.

I shall fondly remember my G litter of Dot and Dash so called because of the markings on their heads. Dot with a splash of white on her crown and Dash had a white stripe down her neck.

This is my favourite picture of Little Dot - despite that ball being almost bigger than she was, she kicked that thing around the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul language - this is a family blog.