Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Coyote Ugly

Too bad I don't have a good April Fools Day prank to play. Oh well, maybe next year.

This morning I was up around 6:30 am and put Lola, Dylan and Callie outside. Lola quickly ran to her "poop" spot and was in the process of pooping and I was about to turn around and go back into the living room when I saw her stop mid-poop and bolt for the door. I then see Dylan and Callie go run off towards the fence-line behind the shop - barking all the way. Obviously, something is out there. I step out- in bare feet, and I can hear the maniacal howling and hooting of coyotes. They are very close. I quickly call the dogs inside and then get a pair of boots and go out to investigate. There are two coyotes just across the road and they are making quite the racket.

I let the dogs back outside and supervise them. All the while the coyotes are barking and carrying on and the dogs are barking back. Lola just doesn't know what to do - she does this nervous little woof and then runs behind me. Finally, she has enough nerve to finish her business.

You know the expression - "scared s$%tless!"...that was Lola, literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul language - this is a family blog.