Monday, March 30, 2009

Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty


I am so hoping that my husband does not read my blog while he is on the road. Our truck up and died in the driveway on Friday and had to be towed to the city, so I had to drive Peter to work this morning. He is on his way out of town for a couple of days. After I dropped him off, I proceeded to the gas station at Hwy. 5 & 2. There was a young german shepherd trying desparately to get this small cat (kitten) to play with it. The cat wanted nothing to do with this puppy and was hissing and spitting at her. I get out of the van, crouch down and say, "Here, kitty, kitty" and this cat just makes a bee-line for me, but gets intercepted by the puppy and runs back towards the big propane tanks.

The gas jockey/owner comes out and tells me this cat has been hanging around for a couple of weeks and is always trying to sneak into the restaurant. By this time I have the cat in my arms and she is just purring away. She's really friendly.



Yadda, yadda, yadda - I have a new cat.



Well - my other cats are not very pleased with this new arrival and upon seeing her they all puffed to twice their size and got big spazzed tails. The dogs are very curious. New kitty is just hissing and spitting at dogs and cats. However, she loves people and does circles around my legs.
She is currently seeking refuge on a ledge in front of the microwave. I guess she feels safe up there.










I am not quite sure how old she is. She is very small, however does not have a kitten look. I think her new name is "Pretty Kitty" and she will now be known as simply "Pretty".
I wonder how long it will take for Peter to notice we have another cat?

Update - April 1, 2009: "Pretty" has been to the vet and much to my relief is not pregnant. She is less than a year old - maybe 10-11 months old. No ear mites! No feline lukemia or HIV. Very good condition. Yippee! She will be spayed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from using foul language - this is a family blog.