- pasta - we use fettuccine - enough for 2 people
- bacon - 1/2 pound chopped
- asiago cheese - shredded - about 1/2 cup
- havarti cheese - shredded - about 1/2 cup
- 3-4 green onions - diced
- 2 garlic cloves - crushed
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon at least
Cook the bacon nice and crispy and then saute the green onions in the bacon. In the meantime you are cooking the pasta as you want everything to be ready at the same time. Once the pasta is cooked, add the olive oil and toss the pasta, then add the crushed garlic cloves - toss. Add the cheeses - toss. And lastly, add the bacon and onions and toss well. The heat from the pasta will melt the cheese.
It's best to use a heated bowl.
My Garlic Cheese Bread
- French loaf cut in half
- Butter the halves
- Season with some kind of garlic spread
- Cover with creamed cheese
- Cover with shredded mozza
Bake in oven and then broil so cheese is nice and bubbly.
I like to serve mine with a nice Chianti and fava beans...sppppppf. (just kidding about the fava beans).